Panacur® (fenbendazole) Paste 10% is indicated for the control of large strongyles (Strongylus edentatus, S. equinus, S. vulgaris), encysted early third stage (hypobiotic), late third stage and fourth stage cyathostome larvae, small strongyles, pinworms (Oxyuris equi), ascarids (Parascaris equorum), and arteritis caused by fourth stage larvae of Strongylus vulgaris in horses.
Panacur® (fenbendazole) POWERPAC has no known contraindications with any drugs 1.
The Science of Unique
- Proven Safe ‐ Safe for foals and pregnant mares, older horses, thin and underweight horses, miniature horses, the environment and for use around other farm animals and pets1.
- Works on a wide variety of parasites ‐ Labeled for the control of large and small strongyles (including migrating larvae), pinworms and ascarids (roundworms).
- Effective on encysted small strongyles ‐ A larvicidal dose is the only FDA-approved treatment for all stages of encysted small strongyles1.
- Reliable protection for foals ‐ Widely recognized as the product of choice for treating ascarids in young horses2,3,4.
- Combat resistance ‐ May be effective even in the face of prior fenbendazole resistance when used as part of a strategically designed anthelmintic program1.
- Unique Mode of Action ‐ The antiparasitic action of PanacurÂ® (fenbendazole) POWERPAC is due to the inhibition of energy metabolism in the parasite5.
Panacur® (fenbendazole) Paste 10% is administered orally at a rate of 2.3 mg/lb (5 mg/kg) for the control of large strongyles, small strongyles, and pinworms. One syringe will deworm two 1,250 lb horses. For foals and weanlings (less than 18 months of age) where ascarids are a common problem, the recommended dose is 4.6 mg/lb (10 mg/kg); one syringe will deworm one 1,250 lb horse.
For control of encysted early third stage (hypobiotic), late third stage and fourth stage cyathostome larvae, and fourth stage larvae of Strongylus vulgaris, the recommended dose is 4.6 mg/lb (10 mg/kg) for 5 consecutive days; administer one syringe for each 1,250 lbs of body weight per day.
Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment and control of parasitism.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: Do not use in horses intended for human consumption. When using Panacur® (fenbendazole) Paste 10% concomitantly with trichlorfon, refer to the manufacturer's labels for use and cautions for trichlorfon.